Hello Everyone, we hope that you are keeping well and safe and staying at home during this month of September, that will probably extend into the next few months. At least now, we can get out for unlimited exercise and meet up to six people outside which is good news, social distancing of course!
We thought we would show you how to make another cocktail, called the White Russian Cocktail. The origin/history of the White Russian cocktail is that the general consensus is the drink originated in Russia. However, it has nothing to do with Russia, only that the Vodka that goes in the drink! It can be traced back to 1949 when Gustave Tops, a Belgian barman, created this cocktail along with the Black Russian, using cola as the mixer. At the hotel Metrople in Brussels, Belgium.
How to make the above cocktail, you will need the following ingredients/equipment.
This is a fairly straight forward cocktail to make but also very easy to drink too.
To make this cocktail, you will need to follow these simple steps.
Kick yourself back, relax and enjoy!
Just out of curiosity, what is your favourite cocktail at this time of year? Message us please and let us know, thank you.
Lets “Mix it Up” Derek and the Team! x
- 25ml Smirnoff Vodka or another vodka of your choice.
- 25ml Kahlua
- Cream/Milk (to top up the drink)
- Ice Cubes
- Tumbler Glass (or something similar from your cupboard)
- Cocktail Pourers
- Cocktail Shaker
- Bar Spoon
- 1 x straw (optional)
- Pour 25ml Smirnoff Vodka and 25ml Kahlua into a cocktail shaker along with a few ice cubes about a third of the way up, inside the cocktail shaker.
- Shake the cocktail 10/15 times over your shoulder, until properly mixed.
- Place a few ice cubes in the glass, then pour the drink into the glass by straining it first.
- To finish the drink, top up with the cream/milk and give it a stir with the spoon. Serve with a straw, if you would like too.