Hello Everyone, we hope that you are keeping well and safe and staying at home during this month of May, that will probably extend into the next few months. At least now, we can get out for unlimited exercise, which is good news.
We thought we would show you how to make another cocktail, called the Screwdriver-Cocktail. This cocktail is has been on the scene for many years. The origin/history of the Screwdriver-cocktail is the American oil workers who worked in the Persian Gulf, secretly put some vodka in their morning glass of orange juice while working on the job. As there was no clean spoon available, they used a screwdriver instead! to give the drink a stir. Or another theory is that it was invented in 1944 in World War 2 when soldiers sneaked vodka in their morning drink.
How to make the above cocktail, you will need the following ingredients/equipment.
This is a fairly straight forward cocktail to make but also very easy to drink too.
To make this cocktail, you will need to follow these simple steps below.
Kick yourself back, relax and enjoy!
Just out of curiosity, what is your favourite cocktail at this time of year? Message us please and let us know, thank you.
Lets “Mix it Up” Derek and the Team! x
- 50ml Vodka
- Orange Juice
- Slice of Orange (for the garnish)
- Ice Cubes
- High Ball Glass (or something similar from your cupboard)
- Cocktail Pourer
- Knife/Chopping Board
- Cocktail Shaker
- 2 x straws (optional)
- Pour 50ml Vodka and orange juice into a cocktail shaker along with a few ice cubes about a third of the way up, inside the cocktail shaker.
- Shake the cocktail 10/15 times over your shoulder, until properly mixed.
- Place a few ice cubes in the glass, then pour the drink into the glass by straining it.
- For the garnish, cut a (quarter) of an orange slice and place on the edge of the glass. Serve with a couple of straws, if you would like too.