As it is coming up to Burn’s night next Monday! We thought of an ideal drink to make for this special night on the 25th January. The Rob Roy cocktail! We always try to show you how to make cocktails that are easy as possible to make and just as importantly lovely to drink.
The history of this classic cocktail dates back to 1894, when it was first invented. By a bar tender in the Waldorf Astoria hotel, Manhattan, New York. USA.
How to make the above cocktail, you will need the following ingredients/equipment.
This is a fairly straight forward cocktail to make but also easy to drink too.
Kick yourself back. Relax and enjoy!
What is your favourite cocktail at this winter time of year? Message us please and let us know, thanks.
Finally, wishing you all a very Happy New Year! To all our very loyal, old, present and future clients. We can’t thank you enough in these difficult times.
Lets “Mix it Up” Derek and the Team!
- 50ml Scotch Whisky. (You can use use either a scotch or single malt whisky)
- 25ml Sweet Vermouth
- Maraschino Cherry
- 2 x dashes of Angostura Bitters
- Cocktail Stick (optional)
- Small Martini Glass (or something similar from your cupboard)
- Bar Spoon (or a tea spoon from your knife draw)
- Cocktail Pourers
- Chopping Board/Knife
- To make this cocktail, you will need to pour 50ml of your choice of whisky and 25ml of sweet vermouth into a glass, along with the with the 2 x drops of Angostura bitters, into the drink.
- Stir the drink a few times to make sure it is mixed properly, using the bar spoon.
- Finally, using the cocktail stick, (for the garnish) place the maraschino cherry in the bottom of the glass. It is entirely up to you to leave the cocktail stick in the drink or not.