As Valentine’s day is nearly upon us. We thought of an ideal cocktail drink to make for your partner! It’s easy to make and will impress him/her! The Pink Champagne cocktail! You can also substitute the brandy and instead replace with vodka, this drink is then known as the James Bond cocktail.
The history of this classic Pink Champagne cocktail, is it was featured in the film Affair to Remember, staring Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr. It was after all, the drink that brought them together.
How to make the above cocktail, you will need the following ingredients/equipment.
This is a fairly straight forward cocktail to make but also easy to drink too.
What is your favourite cocktail at this time of year? Message us please and let us know if you have any, at any great parties you are going too! Over the coming months.
Finally, wishing you all a lovely, relaxing Valentine’s Day, whatever you get up too! x
Lets “Mix it Up” Derek and the Team!
- Sugar Cube
- 2 x dashes of Angostura Bitters
- French Brandy
- Champagne or Prosecco, chilled. (We used Lanson Champagne Brut Rose)
- Champagne Glass (or something similar from your cupboard)
- Cocktail pourers
- Bar Spoon (or something similar from your knife draw)
- To make this cocktail, you will need to place the sugar cube (preferably a brown sugar cube), with the drops of angostura bitters, into the base of the champagne flute.
- Pour (25ml) of Brandy and mix the sugar cube with the brandy until dissolved, with the help of the bar spoon.
- Finally, top up slowly with the fizz. Kick yourself back, relax and enjoy!