The Old Fashioned Cocktail was invented at the Pendennis Club, a gentleman’s club in1881 in Louisville, Kentucky, USA. But another theory is that a gentleman called James Pepper, bartender and bourbon aristocrat, was said to have invented the drink in Louisville, before he brought the recipe to the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel Bar in New York City.
This is a short and enjoyable cocktail too! It is also very easy to make!
How to make the above cocktail, you will need the following ingredients/equipment.
Lets “Mix it Up” Derek and the Team!
- Buffalo Trace Bourbon
- Cane Sugar Water
- Angostura Bitters
- Ice Cubes
- Garnish-Orange slice or cocktail cherry.
- Whiskey Glass (or something similar from your cupboard)
- Cocktail Pourers
- Bar Spoon (or a cocktail stirrer)
- To make this cocktail, you will need to pour in the double measure (50ml) of Buffalo Trace Bourbon into the glass, along with a couple of ice cubes.
- Then pour in a single measure (25ml) of the cane sugar water and a couple of drops of Angostura Bitters into the drink too.
- Using a bar spoon or cocktail stirrer mix the drink thoroughly by stirring for a minute or two.
- You can garnish the drink with a slice of orange or cocktail cherry, (if needed). Relax and enjoy the drink!