This is a short, enjoyable cocktail and easy to drink. It is also fairly easy to make!
- White Rum
- Sugar Syrup
- Soda Water or Sparkling Water
- Mint Leaves
- Lime Wedges
- Crushed Ice
- Muddling Stick
- Bar Spoon or long spoon.
- High Ball Glass
- Firstly, lightly 'muddle', (which is a bruising process for a couple of mint leaves and a couple of lime wedges using a muddling stick or bar spoon) in the bottom of the high ball glass.
- Add the double measure of White Rum and the Sugar Syrup into the same glass.
- Half fill the glass with crushed ice and stir with the bar spoon. Top up the glass with more crushed ice.
- Add the Soda Water and a sprig of mint through the drink for flavour/decoration. With this type of cocktail it is not necessary to shake it in a normal cocktail shaker. Relax and enjoy!