Hello Everyone, we hope that you are keeping well and safe and staying at home during this month of May, that will probably extend into the next few months. At least now, we can get out for unlimited exercise, which is good news.
We thought we would show you how to make another summer cocktail, called the Lemon Drizzle-Cocktail. This cocktail goes perfectly with a lemon drizzle cake, which we had great fun making earlier, please see attached photograph.
How to make the above cocktail, you will need the following ingredients/equipment.
This is a fairly straight forward cocktail to make but also very easy to drink too.
To make this cocktail, you will need to follow these simple steps.
Kick yourself back, relax and enjoy!
Just out of curiosity, what is your favourite cocktail at this time of year? Message us please and let us know, thank you.
Lets “Mix it Up” Derek and the Team! x
- 50ml Gordon’s Gin (or any dry gin)
- 1 x large heaped teaspoon lemon curd
- Pineapple Juice
- Soda Water
- Ice Cubes
- Slice of Lime (for the garnish)
- High Ball Glass (or something similar from your cupboard)
- Tea Spoon
- Cocktail Pourer
- Knife/Chopping Board
- Cocktail Shaker or Jam Jar (with a lid)
- 1 x straw (optional)
- Pour 50ml Gin and the pineapple juice with the heaped teaspoon of lemon curd, in the bottom of the cocktail shaker, along with a few ice cubes. (Roughly about a third of the way up inside the cocktail shaker).
- Shake the cocktail over your shoulder or in front of you 10/15 times vigorously. Place a few ice cubes in the high ball glass, then pour the cocktail into the glass by straining it first.
- To finish the drink, top the drink up with soda water.
- For the garnish, cut a slice of lime and fold it, then slide it into the drink using a skewer. Serve with a single straw, if you would like too.