The name of this alcoholic drink is based on the eruption of the volcanic island of Krakatoa, Indonesia. Which began on August 26th 1883 killing thousands of people in one of the worst disasters of modern times. It last erupted on 23rd December 2018. Hopefully this cocktail will give you an incredible taste rather than an eruption!
How to make the above cocktail, you will need the following ingredients/equipment.
This is a straight forward cocktail to make but also very easy to drink too.
Lets “Mix it Up” Derek and the Team!
- Southern Comfort
- Orange Juice
- Pineapple Juice
- Ice cubes
- Pineapple slice
- 2 x straws
- Gib Beverage Glass (or something similar from your cupboard)
- Cocktail Shaker/Glass
- Cocktail Pourers
- To make this cocktail, you will need to pour (equal amounts) of the Southern Comfort, Amaretto and Vodka (total = 50ml)
- Along with the orange and pineapple juice into the cocktail shaker along with a few ice cubes (roughly 1/3 of the way up inside of the shaker).
- Give the cocktail a good shake over your shoulder and pour the drink (using the strainer), into the pre-chilled glass using 4 or 5 ice cubes.
- Then drizzle over the cocktail with the grenadine.
- Finally, garnish with a slice of pineapple on the edge of the drink. (if you would like to do so) and a couple of straws. Relax and enjoy!