Kalkan Gem cocktail! Was the cocktail of choice on a rare sunny Monday evening, this cocktail was designed by some lovely ladies who were staying in Kalkan and had lots of watermelon. They decided to crush the watermelon and mix with crushed ice, Malibu, Vodka and Peach Snaps definitely shaken not stirred.
It was absolutely delicious and what a great name for it. Having visited Kalkan in Turkey I can guarantee this cocktail is perfect for the location and many more will be drunk in Kalkan or in the UK.
The lovely ladies of the NWI group (Not the WI) group made their own cocktails which was great fun and not too messy!!! x
How to make the above cocktail, you will need the following ingredients/equipment.
This is a short and enjoyable cocktail too! It is also very easy to make!!
Lets “Mix it Up” Derek and the Team!
- Peach Snaps (3 x drinks=50ml)
- Crushed Ice Cubes
- Slice of Watermelon (garnish) and slice of watermelon for the drink
- Martini Glass (or something similar from your cupboard)
- Muddling Stick
- Cocktail Pourers
- Cocktail Shaker
- In the cocktail shaker, muddle the slice of watermelon first then pour in the Malibu, Vodka and Peach Snaps. All 3 x drinks=50ml.
- Put some crushed ice into the cocktail shaker, then give it a good shake over your shoulder 10-15 times
- Using the sieve, pour the drink over crushed ice into a Martini glass.
- Finally, garnish the drink with a slice of watermelon. Relax and enjoy!