The GodFather Cocktail was invented in the 1970’s-era after the famous iconic film called the “Godfather” and is a “cocktail cousin” of the Rusty Nail cocktail. Another variant to the above is a cocktail called the Godmother. This is based on vodka, instead of using the whisky and when made with Brandy the drink is known as a Godchild.
How to make the above cocktail, you will need the following ingredients/equipment, listed below.
This is a short and very enjoyable cocktail too! It is also very easy to make!
Lets “Mix it Up” Derek and the Team!
- Scotch Whisky (this can be a whisky from the ‘bottom’ end of the range, not necessarily a malt whisky)
- Ice Cubes
- Garnish- A slice of Orange Peel
- Whiskey Glass (or something similar from your cupboard)
- Cocktail Pourers
- Bar Spoon (or a cocktail stirrer)
- To make this cocktail, you will need to pour in the double measure (50ml) of Whisky into the whisky glass, along with a couple of ice cubes.
- Then pour in a single measure (25ml) of the Amaretto into the drink too.
- Using a bar spoon or cocktail stirrer mix the drink thoroughly by stirring for a minute or two. You can garnish the drink with a slice of orange peel (if you would like to). Relax and enjoy the drink!