Hello everyone and Happy Wednesday! We hope you are keeping well and safe and staying home during this month of December that will probably extend into the next few months. At least now, we can get out for unlimited exercise and we are now out of our 2nd “lock down” which is good news, social distancing of course!
We thought we would show you how to make another cocktail, called the Espresso Martini-Cocktail. The Espresso Martini-Cocktail is a cold, coffee-flavored cocktail which was invented by Dick Bradsell, a bar tender in Soho, London in 1983. He was asked by a famous model to make me a drink to “wake me up”, so he did as he was told! Ha ha.
How to make the above cocktail, you will need the following ingredients/equipment.
This is a short and very enjoyable cocktail too! It is also very easy to make.
Lets “Mix it Up” Derek and the Team!
- Tia Maria
- Small shot of Espresso
- Ice Cubes
- Garnish- 3 x coffee beans
- Margarita Glass (or something similar from your cupboard)
- Cocktail Pourers
- Cocktail Shaker
- Drink Strainer/Sieve
- To make this cocktail, you will need to pour in the double measure of Tia Maria (50ml) into the cocktail shaker, along with a single measure (25ml) of Vodka and Cointreau (25ml) with a shot of hot espresso too, into the bottom of the cocktail shaker along with the ice cubes.
- Then shake the cocktail mix roughly 10/15 times over your shoulder. Strain the cocktail, as you pour it from the shaker into the glass.
- You can garnish the drink by placing a couple of coffee beans on the top of the drink, in a petal formation. Relax, sit back and enjoy the drink!