Hello Everyone, we hope that you are keeping well and safe and staying at home during this month of April, that will probably extend into the next few months.
We thought we would show you how to make another Spring cocktail, called the English Garden cocktail. Although St. George’s Day (has come and gone) we actually made the cocktail/ took the photographs on that particular day. The concept behind the drink is to evoke images of endless apple orchards and lazy summer days ahead. It makes us think about the sweet innocence of yesterday, Easter Egg Hunts, conker matches etc.
How to make the above cocktail, you will need the following ingredients/equipment.
This is a fairly straight forward cocktail to make but also easy to drink too.
To make this cocktail, you will need to follow these simple steps.
Kick yourself back, relax and enjoy!
What is your favourite cocktail at this time of year? Message us please and let us know, thank you.
Lets “Mix it Up” Derek and the Team! x
- 75/100ml Apple Juice
- 25ml Elderflower Juice
- 50ml Gordon’s Gin (or a similar dry gin)
- Cucumber Slices (for the garnish)
- Ice Cubes
- High Ball Glass (or something similar from your cupboard)
- Cocktail Pourer
- Knife/Chopping Board
- Cocktail Shaker
- 2 x straws (optional)
- Pour 25ml of Elderflower juice, 50ml of gin and apple juice into a cocktail shaker along with a few ice cubes about a third of the way up, inside the cocktail shaker.
- Shake the cocktail 10/15 times over your shoulder, until properly mixed.
- Pour the drink into the glass by straining it, along with a few ice cubes in the glass.
- For the garnish, cut 3 or 4 thin slices of cucumber and place around the inside edges of the glass. Serve with a couple of straws, if you fancy it.