Hello Everyone, we hope that you are keeping well and safe and staying at home during this month of June, that will probably extend into the next few months. At least now, we can get out for unlimited exercise and meet up to six people outside which is good news.
We thought we would show you how to make another summer cocktail, called the Cuba Libre Cocktail. The origin/history of the Cuba Libre Cocktail is that it can be traced back to the 1890’s and is thought to have emerged out of the joining of American and Cuban cultures, in the wake of the Spanish-American War of 1898. The name means ‘Free Cuba’. Also the drink is often used to toast those fighting in the country’s independence from Spain. What makes the drink different, from a simple rum and coke, is the squeeze of lime juice in the drink and lime garnish too.
How to make the above cocktail, you will need the following ingredients/equipment.
This is a fairly straight forward cocktail to make but also very easy to drink too.
To make this cocktail, you will need to follow these simple steps.
Kick yourself back, relax and enjoy!
Just out of curiosity, what is your favourite cocktail at this time of year? Message us please and let us know, thank you.
Lets “Mix it Up” Derek and the Team! x
- 50ml White Cuban Rum or Dark rum
- 25ml Lime Juice
- Coca Cola
- Ice Cubes
- Slice of Lime (for the garnish)
- Tumbler Glass (or something similar from your cupboard)
- Cocktail Pourers
- Knife/Chopping Board
- Cocktail Shaker
- 2 x straws (optional)
- Pour 50ml White Cuban Rum and 25ml lime juice into a cocktail shaker along with a few ice cubes about a third of the way up, inside the cocktail shaker.
- Shake the cocktail 10/15 times over your shoulder, until properly mixed. Place a few ice cubes in the glass, then pour the drink into the glass by straining it first.
- To finish the drink, top up with coca cola.
- For the garnish, cut a lime slice and place on the edge of the glass. Serve with a couple of straws, if you would like too.