This cocktail was originated in San Francisco or possibly South Beach Florida. Between 1985-1986, in cocktail terms it is a fairly new cocktail. The cosmopolitan enjoyed a new lease of life with the girls in Sex in The City films.
This is a short cocktail but very easy to drink too.
A little tip. For extra, intense orange taste you can peel the zest of an orange and set fire to it with a lighter as you drop it into the top of the drink!
How to make the above cocktail, you will need the following ingredients/equipment.
- Vodka (50 ml)
- Cointreau (10 ml)
- Lime Juice (25 ml). This can be squeezed from fresh limes.
- Cranberry Juice. (a 1/3 of the way up inside the cocktail shaker)
- Ice Cubes
- Cocktail Shaker
- Margarita Glass
- Cocktail Pourers
- Short (sip straws).
- To make this cocktail, you will need to pour the Vodka (50 ml), Cointreau (10 ml) and Lime juice (25 ml) into the cocktail shaker.
- Pour the cranberry juice (roughly a third of the way up inside the cocktail shaker) along with the ice cubes.
- Shake the cocktail mix roughly 10/15 times over your shoulder or in front of your body.
- Strain the cocktail, as you pour it from the shaker into the glass.
- Place straws into glass. (optional) Relax and enjoy!