As Christmas is just around the corner. We thought of an ideal drink to make for Christmas to impress your guests! The champagne cocktail! You can also substitute the brandy and instead replace with vodka, this drink is known as the James Bond cocktail.
The history of the classic champagne cocktail dates back to at least the mid-1800’s, when it was first invented. This is one of the oldest cocktails! A recipe by Professor Jerry Thomas, Bon Vivant’s Companion (1862), appeared as early as this.
How to make the above cocktail, you will need the following ingredients/equipment.
This is a fairly straight forward cocktail to make but also easy to drink too.
What is your favorite cocktail at this Christmas time of year? Message us please and let us know if you have any, at any great parties you are going too!
Finally, wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! To all our old, present and future clients. x
Lets “Mix it Up” Derek and the Team!
- Sugar Cube
- 2 x dashes of Angostura Bitters
- Champagne or Prosecco, chilled.
- Champagne Glass (or something similar from your cupboard)
- Cocktail pourers
- Bar Spoon (or something similar from your knife draw)
- To make this cocktail, you will need to place the sugar cube (preferably a brown sugar cube), with the drops of angostura bitters, into the base of the champagne flute.
- Pour (25ml) of Brandy and mix the sugar cube with the brandy until dissolved, with the help of the bar spoon.
- Finally, top up slowly with the fizz. Kick yourself back, relax and enjoy!