The Bramble cocktail was originated/crafted by Dick Bradsell in the 1980’s in London, England. The cocktail brings together all the ingredients listed below, with it’s sweet and sour taste. It is best known as a Spring Cocktail, as gin is so popular these days, we thought we would show you how to make it!
How to make the above cocktail, you will need the following ingredients/equipment below.
This is a short and enjoyable cocktail too! It is also very easy to make!
Lets “Mix it Up” Derek and the Team!
- Plymouth Gin (50ml), or any good dry gin.
- Lemon Juice (approximately 25ml), you can squeeze half a lemon for this.
- Cane Sugar Syrup (25ml)
- Ice Cubes
- Blackberry Liqueur. (Creme de Mure)
- Crushed Ice Cubes
- Garnish-Blackberries and slice of Lemon.
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail Stick
- Whisky Glass (or something similar from your cupboard)
- Cocktail Pourers
- To make this cocktail, you will need to pour in the double measure (50ml) of Plymouth Gin, Lemon Juice (approximately 25ml) and Cane Sugar Syrup (25ml) into the cocktail shaker, along with a couple of ice cubes.
- Give this cocktail a really good shake, then strain into a chunky whisky glass, having filled the glass with crushed ice first.
- Finally, sprinkle over the Blackberry Liqueur, so that it drops down into the drink. You can garnish the drink with a couple of blackberries and a slice of lemon. Relax and enjoy the drink!