Alabama Slammer -Cocktail
Hello Everyone, we hope that you are keeping well and safe and staying at home during this month of September, that will probably extend into the next few months. At least now, we can get out for unlimited exercise and meet up to six people outside which is good news, social distancing of course!
We thought we would show you how to make another cocktail, called the Alabama Slammer-Cocktail. The origin/history of the Alabama Slammer is it originated as a sweet shot of alcohol. When they used to ‘slam one back’, by drinking it quickly. In the 1960’s/70’s at the University of Alabama, America, they then developed it into a long drink.
How to make the above cocktail, you will need the following ingredients/equipment.
This is a fairly straight forward cocktail to make but also very easy to drink too.
To make this cocktail, you will need to follow these simple steps. until properly mixed.
Kick yourself back, relax and enjoy!
Just out of curiosity, what is your favourite cocktail at this time of year? Message us please and let us know, thank you.
- 15ml Southern Comfort (all below equals 50ml)
- 15ml Peach Snaps
- 15ml Cherry Brandy
- Pineapple Juice
- Lime or Pineapple Slice (for the garnish)
- Ice Cubes
- Gib Beverage (or something similar from your cupboard)
- Cocktail Pourers
- Knife/Chopping Board
- Cocktail Shaker
- 2 x Straws (optional)
- Pour 15ml Southern Comfort, 15ml Peach Snaps, 15ml Cherry Brandy (the equivalent to 50ml) and pineapple juice into a cocktail shaker along with a few ice cubes about a third of the way up, inside the cocktail shaker.
- Shake the cocktail 10/15 times over your shoulder, Then pour the drink into the Gib Bev glass by straining it first. To finish the drink, (for the garnish), cut a lime wheel or slice of pineapple and place on the side of the glass.